ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB IN
TRAVEL AND TOURISM?
Certificate of Specialization (CS)
Your Passion: Turn your love of travel into a career.
Stackable Credits: Earn a Certificate of Specialization that can also apply towards an AAS degree.
Jobs: Travel and Tourism ranks among the top 10 industries in the St. Louis region.
Two Semesters: The Travel and Tourism Certificate of Specialization is a two-semester program (25 credit hours) in which you master the basics of the profession.
Stackable: Your Travel and Tourism certificate can also apply towards an Associate in Applied Science degree in Hospitality and Tourism.
Convenience: Many classes are offered online, and evening classes are also available.
Learn how to provide the counsel and guidance to help people fulfill their travel dreams or construct a business trip. The coursework is comprehensive and includes:
- travel industry segments
- terms and definitions
- codes and tourism geography
- specific computer and online travel industry applications
Gain the knowledge, technical skills and work habits that are required for entry-level positions, with a curriculum that helps students recognize specific positions as well as career ladder advancement opportunities.
More than one million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest higher educational institution in the region and the second largest in Missouri.
To find out if STLCC is right for you, we invite you to visit. You can meet with one of our faculty members, tour the campus, and get answers to any questions you might have. CLICK HERE
The travel and tourism industry ranks among the top 10 in the St. Louis region, and local professionals report an increase in the use of travel agents. Over the next decade, as top travel sellers retire, the shortage is expected to open up new opportunities.
- Travel Agencies
- Tour Companies
- Online Travel Companies
- Car Rental Firms
- Incentive Travel Companies
STLCC Career and Employment Services (CES): On each campus CES offices provide services and resources to assist students and alumni in finding full-time or part-time, on-campus or off-campus, internship or co-op, permanent, seasonal or temporary employment. CES also assists employers who are looking for qualified applicants. CLICK HERE
- For information on the job outlook for travel agents, median pay, entry-level education, number of jobs and more, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- To learn about the top openings in specific cities across Missouri visit the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
- For specific real-time information on wages and job prospects in the STLCC region, visit STLCC Career Coach.
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- STLCC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate costs. READ MORE
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE.
- For more information on expenses incurred as part of Travel and Tourism, please contact the program coordinator at email@example.com.
- FAFSA Apply online
Travel and Tourism (CS) - 25 Credits
|Program Total: 25 credits|
|IS:123||Introduction to Windows||1|
|IS:151||Microcomputer Applications in Business||4|
|HTM:105||Professionalism in the Hospitality Industry||1|
|HTM:110||Negotiations in the Hospitality Industry||2|
|GEG:106||U.S. and World Geography||3|
|HTM:260||Travel and Tourism Foundations||6|
|HTM:265||Travel and Tourism Destination Geography||3|
|HTM:270||Travel and Tourism Computer Systems||5|
STLCC’s Hospitality Advisory Board brings together top professionals from the hospitality, tourism and culinary fields. We work hand-in-hand with this elite group to evaluate and update our curriculum, stay up-to-date on current trends in the culinary and hospitality fields, and promote networking.
The Travel and Tourism program is offered at our Forest Park campus. However, for added convenience, students may take general education classes toward this degree at any of our four campuses, our five education centers, and online.
Print This Page