ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB IN
OFFICE INFORMATION SYSTEMS?
Office Information Systems Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Hands-on computer training: Microsoft Certification in first semester.
Real-world experience: Internships, work-study programs, student association technology center tutoring.
Portable skills: Allow more flexibility to move easily between employment opportunities.
Degree coursework may help prepare you to earn industry certifications such as Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access.
Hands-on: This program features dedicated labs and classrooms, and one-to-one equipment ratio, the optimal experience for skill development.
More than 1 million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest institute of higher education in the region, and the second largest in Missouri.
To find out if STLCC is right for you, we invite you to visit. You can meet with one of our faculty members, tour the campus, and get answers to any questions you might have.
- Office Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Multimedia Specialist
- Customer Service Representative
- Technology Trainer
- Edward Jones
- City of St. Louis
- St. Louis County
- SSM Healthcare
- BJC Healthcare
- For information on the job outlook, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics and search specific job titles. Also available: information on median pay, entry-level education, number of jobs and more.
- To learn about the top openings in specific cities across Missouri visit the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
- STLCC Career and Employment Services (CES): On each campus CES offices provide services and resources to assist students and alumni in finding full-time or part-time, on-campus or off-campus, internship or co-op, permanent, seasonal or temporary employment. CES also assists employers who are looking for qualified applicants. Click Here
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- STLCC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate costs. READ MORE
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE.
- For more information on expenses incurred as part of Baking and Pastry Arts, please contact the program coordinator.
- FAFSA Apply online
- All applicants for the Office Information Systems program must first be admitted to St. Louis Community College.
- Applications for this program are accepted on a continuing basis throughout the year.
Prior to application we recommend that you meet with an STLCC academic advisor. The advisor can help you plan your courses, clarify program requirements, and review your academic history as it relates to this program.
STLCC’s Office Information Systems Advisory Board brings together top industry professionals. Members serve for two-year renewable terms, and STLCC’s faculty works hand-in-hand with this elite group to evaluate and update our curriculum, stay up-to-date on the latest innovations, and promote networking.
City of St. Louis
St. Louis County
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to complete this program?
What do office information systems professionals do?
Secretaries and administrative assistants perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties that are necessary to efficiently run an organization. They use computer software to create spreadsheets; manage databases; and prepare presentations, reports, and documents. They also may negotiate with vendors, buy supplies, and manage stockrooms or corporate libraries. Secretaries and administrative assistants also use videoconferencing, fax, and other office equipment. Specific job duties vary by experience, job title, and specialty.
Executive secretaries and executive administrative assistants provide high-level administrative support for an office and for top executives of an organization. They often handle more complex responsibilities, such as reviewing incoming documents, conducting research and preparing reports. Some also supervise clerical staff.