ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB IN
Certificate of Proficiency (CP)
This program allows for training specific to design of landscape and garden environments. Creative thinking, problem solving and increased acuity in visualization will be stressed in studies within the areas of design, plant science and general horticulture. This program will also provide training in one of the most current software products utilized in designing and planning landscape spaces. Upon completion, graduates will be able to effectively compete in the job market for designing position or develop a new business featuring landscape design and general landscaping.
- Estimated Expenses and Financial Aid
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- STLCC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate costs. READ MORE
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE
- For more information on expenses incurred as part of this program, please contact the program coordinator.
- FAFSA Apply online
- Program Curriculum and RAP
Landscape Design (CP) 32 Credits
CERTIFICATE OF SPECIALIZATION Courses 32 Credits ART:131 Computer Art Studio 3 HRT:101 Introductory Horticulture 4 HRT:102 Soils 3 HRT:104 Landscape Design I 3 HRT:206 Ornamental Plants – Trees and Vines 3 HRT:207 Ornamental Plants – Shrubs and Evergreens 3 HRT:217 Landscape Design II 3 HRT:218 Landscape Design III 3 HRT:230 Ornamental Plants – Herbaceous Perennials 3 HRT:235 Annuals and Ornamental Grasses 3 AT:283 Electronic Portfolio 1 Program total 32 credits
Course offerings depend on adequate enrollment.
We invite you to meet with an STLCC advisor for one-on-one help in planning your pathway to this rewarding career. Click Here
- Additional Information
The Landscape Design CP program is offered at our Meramec campus. In addition students may take general education classes toward this degree at any of our four campuses, our five education centers, and online.