ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB IN
IT HELP DESK/END USER SUPPORT?
Certificate of Specialization (CS)
Leader in the field:
- Cisco Networking Academy®
- Microsoft® IT Academy
- Linux Professional Institute (LPIC-1)
This skill-oriented program prepares you for help desk and desktop support technician positions. The foundational principles of end-user support including client operating system and application software, hardware and software installation, system configuration, problem diagnosis and resolution and computer security.
The courses in the program provide a combination of online, distance learning and intensive, classroom-based, hands-on skills development. The demonstration of hands-on skills is critical to employers.
Students who complete the program are prepared for entry-level employment technical interviews as well as a variety of industry certification exams, such as:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
More than one million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest institute of higher education in the region and the second largest in Missouri.
To find out if STLCC is right for you, we invite you to visit. You can meet with one of our faculty members, tour the campus, and get answers to any questions you might have. Click Here
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Help Desk Specialist
- IT Support Specialist
- Technical Support Specialist
- End User Technology Specialist
- Small and Large Companies
- Health Fields
Companies that have hired STLCC grads:
- AT & T
- Brown Shoe
- Urban League of Greater St. Louis
- BJC Healthcare
- City of St. Louis
- The Outsource Group
- Washington University
- For information on the job outlook, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics and search specific job titles. Also available: information on median pay, entry-level education, number of jobs and more.
- To learn about the top openings in specific cities across Missouri visit the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
- STLCC Career and Employment Services (CES): On each campus CES offices provide services and resources to assist students and alumni in finding full-time or part-time, on-campus or off-campus, internship or co-op, permanent, seasonal or temporary employment. CES also assists employers who are looking for qualified applicants. Click Here
STLCC provides a top quality education at a much more affordable cost than for-profit institutions.
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE
- FAFSA Apply online
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- STLCC provides a Net Price Calculatorto help students estimate costs. READ MORE
- All applicants for the IT Help Desk/End User Support program must first be admitted to St. Louis Community College.
- Applications for this program are accepted on a continuing basis throughout the year.
Prior to application we recommend that you meet with an STLCC academic advisor. The advisor can help you plan your courses, clarify program requirements, and review your academic history as it relates to this program. Click Here
STLCC’s Information System’s Advisory Board brings together top industry professionals.
Washington University School of Medicine
If you take the Cisco Networking Academy coursework, you become a member of the Cisco online community, with alumni access to online resources that include job postings, free seminars, etc.