ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB IN
Certificate of Specialization (CS)
Your passion: Turn you passion serving others into a career.
Stackable Credits: Earn a Certificate of Specialization that can apply towards an AAS degree.
Jobs: Top four employing industry in the St. Louis Region.
Three Semesters: The Hotel Management Certificate of Specialization is a three-semester program (25 credit hours) in which you will master the basics of the profession.
Career Boost: This program is designed for those already in the profession at the entry level. It’s also appropriate for people entering the field for the first time, and those starting a second career.
Stackable: Credits earned as part of STLCC’s Hotel Management certificate can later apply towards an Associate in Applied Science degree in Hospitality and Tourism.
Convenience: Study while you work – most classes are offered online, and evening classes are also available.
Service Oriented? Hospitality is the art of taking care of people when they’re away from home, so if you enjoy helping people, like to tackle fresh challenges, and solve problems creatively, this could be the field for you.
Affordability: STLCC provides a top quality education at a much more affordable cost than may proprietary schools and four-year institutions. Compare for yourself, and see.
More than one million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest institute of higher education in the region and the second largest in Missouri.
To find out if STLCC is right for you, we invite you to visit. You can meet with one of our faculty members, tour the campus, and get answers to questions. Click Here
- Cruise Lines
Companies that have hired STLCC grads:
Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, Westin, Drury, Hampton Inn, Sheraton, Embassy Suites, Renaissance Grand, Chase Park Plaza, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree
- For information on the job outlook, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics and search specific job titles. Also available: information on median pay, entry-level education, number of jobs and more.
- To learn about the top openings in specific cities across Missouri visit the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
- For specific real-time information on wages and job prospects in the STLCC region, visit STLCC Career Coach.
- We post jobs on our own job board at the Forest Park campus.
- Chefs de Cuisine Association of St. Louis, Inc. is a non-profit organization of culinary professionals dedicated to furthering education, certification and camaraderie within the culinary community. They offer a number of resources including a job bank.
- The Missouri Restaurant Association showcases locally owned, independent restaurants.
- Enjoy a Local Restaurant showcases locally owned, independent restaurants.
- STLCC provides a top quality education at a much more affordable cost than other institutions.
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE.
- FAFSA Apply online
Jeffery P. Ivory M.Ed., CHE
This course of study is designed for students seeking entry-level positions in the Hotel Industry. The program provides the student with the required skills and knowledge to form a solid foundation to join the hotel industry. Areas of career opportunity for students completing this certificate include front office operations, housekeeping operations, and overall hotel operations.
Hotel Management (CS)
|Certificate of Specialization|
|Program total||25 credits|
|Core Courses||13 credits|
|HTM:100||Introduction to the Hospitality Industry||3|
|HTM:105||Professionalism in the Hospitality Industry||1|
|HTM:115||Hospitality Customer Service and Guest Relations||3|
|HTM:120||Supervision and Leadership in the Hospitality Industry||3|
|HTM:205||Legal Aspect of Hospitality||3|
|Focus Courses||12 credits|
|CUL:101||Safety and Sanitation||1|
|HTM:210||Hospitality Financial Planning and Cost Control||3|
|HTM:220||Hotel Facilities Management||3|
|HTM:240||Workplace Learning: Hospitality||2|
We invite you to meet with an STLCC advisor for one-on-one help in planning your pathway to this rewarding career. Click Here
The Hotel Management program is offered at our Forest Park campus.