ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB INCONSTRUCTION OFFICE MANAGEMENT? Certificate of Specialization (CS)
Build a strong foundation for career success in the construction field.
Earn a certificate while working on your degree – these credits apply toward your Construction Technology AAS.
Avoid delay: you can complete this program in as little as two semesters.
- The STLCC Advantage
This program provides students with a solid background in all four areas of concentration relating to the construction industry:
- Blueprint reading
Students who complete this program are qualified to participate in construction bidding and management functions.
Stackable: Once you’ve earned a certificate of specialization in Sustainable Construction, your credits can apply towards your Construction Management Technology AAS degree.
Small class size and a focus on hands-on activity.
Faculty: STLCC is a longtime leader in the Construction Management field, and you’ll learn from seasoned professionals. All of our instructors worked in the industry and bring that experience to the classroom.
Convenience: More than 90% of our students attend classes part-time while working during the day, so technical courses are offered in the evening.
More than one million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest institute of higher education in the region, and the second largest in Missouri.
To find out if STLCC is right for you, we invite you to visit. You can meet with one of our faculty members, tour the campus, and get answers to questions. Click Here
- Career Opportunities
- Civil Technician
- State and Local Government
- Public Works Departments
- Construction Companies
- For information on the job outlook, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics and search specific job titles. Also available: information on median pay, entry-level education, number of jobs and more.
- To learn about the top openings in specific cities across Missouri visit the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
- For specific real-time information on wages and job prospects in the STLCC region, visit STLCC Career Coach
- Estimated Expenses and Financial Aid
STLCC provides a top quality education at a much more affordable cost than for-profit institutions.
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- STLCC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate costs. READ MORE
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE
- For more information on expenses incurred as part of this program, please contact the program coordinator.
- FAFSA Apply Online
- Students and Faculty
- Program Curriculum and RAP
Course offerings depend on adequate enrollment.
This program is designed for those with a working knowledge of the construction industry. STLCC offers a number of programs geared to the construction industry, and we invite you to meet with an STLCC advisor or program coordinator for up-to-date information about these programs and how they can fit with your goals.
Please note: Credits earned in STLCC’s Engineering Technology AAS, CS and CP programs generally do not transfer to engineering bachelor degree programs. If your career goal is to be an engineer, please consider STLCC’s Engineering Science AS degree. Credits earned as part of STLCC’s Engineering Science AS degree transfer to universities nationwide, and provide a strong foundation for future study in a variety of engineering disciplines a fraction of the cost of a public university.
We invite you to meet with an STLCC advisor for one-on-one help in planning your pathway to this rewarding career. Click Here
- Additional Information
STLCC’s Civil Engineering Advisory Committee brings together top industry professionals. Members serve for two year terms, and STLCC’S faculty works hand-in-hand with this elite group to evaluate and update our curriculum, stay up-to-date on the latest innovations, and promote networking.
Responding to the needs of the local market: STLCC’s Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing was created to develop a skilled workforce for the region’s engineering and manufacturing sector. If your business has workforce needs that are not met by our credit course offerings, please contact us to discuss additional options: EmersonCenter@stlcc.edu
The Construction Office Management programs is offered at our Florissant Valley campus.