ARE YOU READY FOR A JOB IN
Certificate of Specialization (CS)
Strong computer skills demand higher salary considerations.
More advanced computer skills aid promotion possibilities within the workplace.
Portable skills allow more flexibility to move easily between employment opportunities.
Upon graduation students receive a Certificate of Specialization in Computer Applications.
This 18-credit-hour program is designed for individuals who are interested in learning a range of end-user applications for personal computers, including operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets and databases. It prepares graduates to employ the function of personal computers that are generally in use in offices today.
Potential for certification in Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)
- Search Engines
- Word Processing
- Browser Basics
- Virus/Malware Scanning
- Common Keyboard Commands
- Basic Hardware Terminology
- Simple Networking Diagnosis
- How to Hook It Up
- Security/Privacy 101
Flexibility: This program can be completely online as well as intensive classroom-based, hands-on skill development.
Hands-on: This program features dedicated labs and classrooms, and one-to-one equipment ratio, the optimal experience for skill development.
More than one million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest institute of higher education in the region and the second largest in Missouri.
To find out if STLCC is right for you, we invite you to visit. You can meet with one of our faculty members, tour the campus, and get answers to any questions you might have. Click Here
The Computer Applications Certificate of Specialization is designed for students with no computer experience and builds basic computer literacy. IT-related employment requires computer applications. All credits apply toward the Office Information Systems AAS.
- Small and Large companies
- Health Fields
Companies that have hired STLCC graduates
- Brown Shoe
- Urban League of Greater St. Louis
- BJC Healthcare
- City of St. Louis
- The Outsource Group
- Washington University
- For information on the job outlook, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics and search specific job titles. Also available: information on median pay, entry-level education, number of jobs and more.
- To learn about the top openings in specific cities across Missouri visit the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
- STLCC Career and Employment Services (CES): On each campus CES offices provide services and resources to assist students and alumni in finding full-time or part-time, on-campus or off-campus, internship or co-op, permanent, seasonal or temporary employment. CES also assists employers who are looking for qualified applicants. Click Here
STLCC provides a top quality education at a much more affordable cost than for-profit institutions.
- For information on STLCC Scholarships READ MORE
- FAFSA Apply online
- St. Louis Community College provides a comprehensive financial aid program funded by federal, state and private agencies. READ MORE
- STLCC provides a Net Price Calculatorto help students estimate costs. READ MORE
- All applicants for the Computer Applications program must first be admitted to St. Louis Community College.
- Applications for this program are accepted continuously throughout the year.
Prior to application we recommend that you meet with an STLCC academic advisor. The advisor can help you plan your courses, clarify program requirements, and review your academic history as it relates to this program. Click Here
STLCC’s Information System’s Advisory Board brings together top industry professionals. Companies that participate include:
City of St. Louis
St. Louis County